Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Link Dump to Keep You Busy

So I might be a little late on some of these stories. Most of them I read over the weekend, but I find them so interesting I feel like they should be read. So just in case you didn't see them here they are again.

The Steinbrenner's must want to spend their money before the government can retroactively hit them with a massive 55 percent inheritance tax because there are suggestions that the brothers might purchase the Tottenham Hotspurs of the English Premier League. There are some reports that the Yanks wont do it, but I would love to join the Tottenham bandwagon if they became a sister team to the Yankees.

Now I hate Tim McCarver already so when he tries to compare the Yankees to the Nazis and Stalin-era Soviets, it's just more fuel for the fire. But if you happened to like McCarver then I hope this changes your feelings about him. The guy is a hack and it's pathetic that he is allowed to call Saturday afternoon games, nevermind World Series contests.

Ah and another reason why the Mets are a joke. Seriously don't they have anyone there who know how to do simply math? I mean how do you let Bobby Bonilla come back and screw you for $23 million over the next 25 years? I just don't understand the logic of New York's second-class team, but I guess that's why the will always be a second-class team.

No comments: