Monday, May 18, 2009

Gutless in Seattle

West coast trips are often tough for the Sox. Losing 2 of 3 to the Angels is no big deal, but I figured that they would be able to handle the toothless Mariners and win that series. Alas, Jon Lester gave up a four run lead in game two, and yesterday Nick Green botched a difficult but makeable throw with two out in the bottom of the ninth to extend the inning for Seattle. After intentionally walking Ichiro, Ramon Ramirez gave up the game winning single.

Unbelievably, the Red Sox will not have to travel to the west coast for the remainder of the season. It's good to get that out of the way this early in the year. Now comes my least favorite part of the season, interleague play. I've promised myself I won't rant and complain about that this season, but it's a promise I am likely to break. I'm convinced MLB keeps it around just so we have something to rant and complain about.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Hate it! Get rid of it!