Sunday, October 5, 2008

Picks and Playoff Baseball

I had a bye last week, so I didn't make any picks. Here are my week 5 picks: Houston +3, Tennessee -2.5, Miami +7, Carolina -9.5, Washington +6.5, Chicago -3.5, New York Giants -7, Denver -3, San Francisco +3, Buffalo +1.5, Dallas -16.5, Jacksonville -4.5, Minnesota +3, Atlanta +3.5. On the season I am 16-13-2.

As for baseball, the Sox have been playing well and I expect Beckett to take care of business tonight. He has not pitched since September 22 so he has had plenty of rest. The Sox are great at home and everything points to them winning the series tonight.

The Cubs were eliminated by the Dodgers last night losing 3-1. The Cubs looked awful all week in every aspect of the game, pitching, fielding and hitting. It was clear the pressure got to them before the Dodgers did and the fans in Chicago will have to wait at least one more year.

No comments: