Saturday, September 6, 2008

Beckett's Back Baby

Josh's game looked pretty tight against the Rangers last night.  I know the Sox have owned them all season, but that's still a pretty formidable line up.  Beckett painted the corners with a variety of fast balls, and his curve had a nasty snap to it.  He looks ready for the post season to me.  Even Manny Delcarmen got in on the act pitching two scoreless innings when sometimes he can't keep it scoreless for two batters.

From this point forward, the Red Sox just need to take care of what is immediately in front of them.  Don't worry about catching the Rays; just take care of the business at hand.  If they do that, the wins will continue to come.  The Yankees will look smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror, and if the Rays falter, Boston will be ready to jump.  They still have six games head to head with Tampa, I believe.  Those will be quite interesting depending on what the standings look like at that point.

I never thought I'd be trying to pull my friends together so we could head to the bar to watch the highly anticipated Rays vs. Sox.  Nothing says September baseball like Tampa Bay and Boston, right?

No comments: