Monday, June 30, 2008

Now on to more important matters...

The Sox lost two out of three to the Astros over the weekend. Okajima's latest transgression did them in yesterday. I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but the Red Sox squandered another great start by Josh Beckett. I can only hope this lull is caused by the interleague malaise. Now comes a real meaty part of the schedule when the Sox can prove themselves, a week on the road vs. the Rays and Yankees.

A lapse of concentration in the grueling baseball schedule is to be expected, especially on the road against a little seen NL opponent. But if the Red Sox want to put their stamp on the division, they need to take care of business over the next seven days. I think they need to go 4-3 on this trip at least to show that they're not as vulnerable on the road as they appear.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I agree with you Dan. The Sox need to start showing the Rays and the Yanks that they aren't happy with just one world series. It's time they show the AL East who is boss.

Dennis said...

I think it will be a tough week for the Red Sox, don't be surprised if it's 2-5 and a 3 or 4 games lead for the Rays by the end of the week.