Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby Yanks falter as the big boys down Twins

Didn't get to watch the Yanks play tonight. I had the pleasure of seeing some future bombers performing at the AA level against my hometown New Britain Rock Cats. I love watching the kids play, if you can't already tell from my unwavering support of Hughes, Chamberlain and IPK.

It's exciting to see what could be down the road even though the Yanks are pretty good right now.

Anyway I had the pleasure of seeing the Afredo Aceves pitch a solid game against the Cats suffering only one bad inning where he allowed two runs on three hits including a two run double that top rated prospect Jose Tabata sort of played into a triple in the right field corner.

Aceves still did well walking none while striking out five. Jose Tabata lined a single in four trips and Austin Jackson went 0-4, so I was disappointed by the bats. It was an exciting (and cheap) night at the ball park.

Minor league baseball is great. Though commercials are replaced by the annoying contests for kids in between innings, the food is cheap and every seat is a great seat. If you have a minor league team near you I would suggest giving them a chance it wont cost you too much and you might be pleasantly surprised at the quality of play. Plus you might get to see the next David Ortiz or Francisco Liriano.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

It is a good time. I'm back in CT, so let em know if you head down to the ol' New Britain Stadium again soon.

Unknown said...

Amen